updates on lack of updates
Well, I’ve been on the verge of writing some new posts for the last week or so, but somehow the energy/focus keeps ebbing away.
As a vague attempt to hold myself to some commitments, some things I hope to post about, albeit probably not in that order:
- Updated links looking back on the many achievements and exacting standards of I. M. Gelfand (thanks to Philip Brooker in the comments for alerting me to some I hadn’t seen before);
- The obligatory post mentioning Math Overflow;
- Something simple on the Pelczynski decomposition, as much to refresh my own memory as anything else;
- A tridiagonalization trick and norms in the GOE;
- A non-slick proof that we can’t take square roots of the shift;
- Maybe, just maybe, if I am infused with enough zeal or caffeine, some posts on Hochschild (co)homology as learned patchily by a callow PhD student with an odd combination of prior background.