Latest from the Department of Unwanted Puzzles
(If you are called Matt and are folk of the Dales, mathematically speaking, then I guess I should disqualify both of you from leaving answers to this.)
In each of the following, identify the phrase being loosely paraphrased or indicated. What’s the connection, and which one is the odd one out?
- Smooth guy
- Entrance to place of rest
- Lux aeterna
- When does the present arrive?
- Honestly, Bill
- Erratically circle waterspout
- Petty thieves band together
- Hurry and heave to claim ground
- Transvestite clergyman
- Laterally pierced youth
- Violently vibrate
- Principal ceremony
- Couldn’t complete it
- Isn’t it all the same?
- Humour has worn off
Update 18/11/11: answered in comments.